Presented in clear, accessible language, and loaded with lots of real-world examples, Commercial Real Estate Investor’s Guide sheds light on the key issues surrounding investing in commercial and industrial property in New Zealand.
Download table of contents and a sample chapter here
Read a NZ Herald article about this book
This book brings together impartial and vital information from a group of experienced local investors and experts who share their frank advice for making money as an investor.
Whether you’re a novice or seasoned investor, this book will fill gaps in your knowledge and show you how to succeed in this profitable field.
- What to look for in a commercial investment
- How to find opportunities in the different sectors
- How to evaluate a deal
- Offer and negotiation strategies
- Due diligence — how to make the most of it
- Dirty tricks and traps when buying
- How to read a lease — vital points to watch
- Raising finance on a commercial deal
- How to add value to an existing investment
- Managing tenants
- Tax issues for NZ commercial property investors
- Property cycles and how they affect commercial investments
- Where to get independent advice, and how to build a team of professionals
- …and more!
NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION – signed by the author
This is your chance to get one of a limited edition of 200 numbered copies personally signed by Olly Newland. Order NOW to get your commemorative copy of this vital and important book for all investors.
‘Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’ – George Santayana
The crash of 1987 still reverberates in the psyche of many investors. Those turbulent days influence investment decisions and actions today, but not everybody fully understands their impact.
It wasn’t just the sharemarket that was affected – the crisis in business and lender confidence pulled the booming property market off its tracks. Mortgagee auctions and forced sales, bankruptcies and prosecutions followed as many formerly respected business figures fell from grace – breaking the faith of investors all over the world.
Lost Property is a searingly honest insider’s account of the build-up and the let-down, with its brutal aftermath. Read this book to learn what happened during the boom and the crash, how they came about and why. Olly Newland’s first-hand narrative is full of insights and parallels which today’s investor would be wise to consider. Ignore these lessons at your peril!
From the book jacket: “Many people remember with a shudder the massive stockmarket crash around the world in 1987. In New Zealand, as in many countries, it came on the back of an unprecedented share and property boom when huge sums of money could be made for the asking. One of the stars of the New Zealand scene was Olly Newland, founder of Landmark and wheeler-dealer supreme. Banks queued at his door to lend him money, the media for advice and comment, and he was in demand as a speaker to investor groups. Then, beginning in New York, the market suddenly crashed. Here, Olly Newland gives an insider’s view of the build-up and the let-down — and lays the blame firmly at the doors of the banks and the government. Readers may never trust either again. In this special edition, released for the 20th anniversary of the 1987 crash, Olly Newland reflects on how much – and how little – has changed since then. He shares valuable insights into the crash, drawing lessons from his own and others’ experiences in those frenetic days. Lost Property offers practical, timeless advice about building wealth and ongoing income from investment.” Also available in standard unsigned edition.
Protect and build your wealth — experienced investors share strategies
AN INVESTOR’S GUIDE
FREE Download: Sample chapter
How to Survive and Prosper in a Falling Property Market … and other vital secrets to building wealth through real estate
Learn how to invest for PROFIT and SAFETY in a changing property market.
Get the inside story on what happens as the property cycle turns.
These veteran investors and expert authors share essential facts, advice and wealth-building strategies for today’s property investor.
Read this clear and accessible handbook to learn how to both safeguard and increase your real estate assets as the market changes.
In How to Survive and Prosper in a Falling Property Market you’ll learn…
- different strategies for success during the phases of the property market
- warning signs and indicators to watch
- how to keep track of the key fundamentals as they change
- where the pressure builds in a cooling property market
- how to position yourself to benefit from emerging opportunities
- how to avoid the mistakes even intelligent investors make
- dealing with finances under pressure
- bargain-hunting strategies — and how to recognise a ’bargain’ that isn’t!
- … plus much more.